- Adopt and implement policies and actions to deliver gender-sensitive financial services, gender sensitive business development services, and increase the representation of women entrepreneurs in public policy-making.
- Ensure that 15 percent of all sectoral budgets and local government budgets are committed to development and spending programmes that address the specific needs of women.
- Dedicate 15 percent of all government supported loan programmes towards women and women owned enterprises, with a special funding window for women engaged in artisan and value addition enterprises.
- Give priority to women under the land registration programme to increase the percentage of women controlling the land they cultivate from 25.5 percent to atleast 35 percent and increase the percentage of registered land from the current 7 percent to atleast 20 percent over the next 5 years.
To make political empowerment a reality, the FDC led government is committed to:
- Eliminate the requirement for nomination fees for women contesting for political office at local council level.
- Dedicate atleast 15 percent of the national budget for civic education towards civil society organizations working with women to achieve women’s political and civic empowerment.
- Increase the current funding allocation to political parties by a 10 percent allocation dedicated to the women leagues of all political parties eligible to receive public funding. This additional funding will be provided as a matching fund based on the recipient political party committing not less than 10 percent of their official allocation to the work of the party women leagues.